Thursday 6 March 2008

Just Don't Quit!

Person standing in the ocean







I have known about this poem for many years but forgotton about it until I went "stumbling " today and found it on this website The Dont Quit Poem.

 


I think it is very apt for anyone dealing with back and sciatic pain and all the things we have to go through. I wish I knew who wrote it but from what I can find it is anon.

 


It is important to never give up looking for your solution and to "keep on keeping on" as my Auntie used to say...

 


I was sooooo close to giving up and resigning myself to a life of limited mobility. Everyone else(apart from my husband) had pretty much given up on me ever getting better.

 

Even professionals told me it was accept surgery with a long recuperation and no guarentees or learn to live with it.

 

So after a period of total inaction I decided to get grateful for what I did have and in the game again and with a much better,clearer and more proactive mental attitude, determined to find another way....

So I hope this is a little bit of inspiration for you if you are going through a tough time right now.

 


When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow--
You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than,
It seems to a faint and faltering man,
Often the struggler has given up,
When he might have captured the victor's cup,
And he learned too late when the night slipped down,
How close he was to the golden crown.
Success is failure turned inside out--
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far,
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

- Author unknown

If you liked this post do consider joining our Facebook Page Sciatica Solutions.



For useful information and suggestions there is a Free Back Pain Book Written by the Healthy back Institute-

7 Day Back Pain Cure
This free book (there is a small shipping/handling fee for physical book) will give you a good starting point for taking back control of your back pain covering reasons for pain, pain relief, possible treatments, action plans and many other things you will find useful.
Follow Jasmine Ann Raintree's board Back And Sciatic Pain Strategies. on Pinterest.

1 comment:

Tawnya Shields said...

I truly enjoyed this quote. Though I do not have your type of condition I have struggled with epilepsy. At one time I had deplitating pain caused by my nerves backfiring that would send horrible lightening type shocks to the base of my skull. Then a seizure would follow. I am a lot better with medication but it took awhile to get stabilized.

I printed this quote so I can take a look at it when I have my not so good days.

Thank you. :o)