Sunday 29 April 2007

Questions to ask professionals etc about back pain relief methods.


It is very important when you are considering any treatments for your back pain/sciatica etc and especially the more invasive treatments and surgery to ask questions so you really understand what the treatment will do for you.

Here is a list of questions you may want to ask about general treatments.
  • Are there waiting lists for the treatment options? If so how long?
  • How many sessions of treatment will I need?
  • What do you hope to achieve with these sessions...how will I know they are helping me?
  • Can you explain to me exactly which muscles/nerves etc are involved and how they affect me?
  • What exactly is the medication you are prescribing and what are the side effects of the medication you are prescribing?
  • Will the medication and any herbal remedies I am using affect each other?
  • (Take in a list of all prescribed and non prescribed medications/herbal/supplements etc you take)
  • What happens if this doesn't work?
  • Could I be worse off after the treatment?
  • What are the risks?
  • Will I need to do any maintenance? If so what?
  • How many appointments will I need? How frequently?
  • What exactly will this treatment do for me?
  • How much will it all cost?
  • Do I need an MRI / CAT scan/X Ray or any other tests?
  • Is there a waiting list?
  • What is the difference between these ?
  • What will these be able to tell you about my condition?
  • Is there a money back guarentee if the treatment does not work?
  • Is there anything I should/must avoid doing?
I will post more about questions to ask if considering surgery soon.

This is far from a definitive list. If you have found any questions important to ask feel free to share and post them :} If you liked this post do consider joining our Facebook Page Sciatica Solutions.



Lose The Back Pain System
Lose the Back Pain, is a system of self assessments to determine what physical imbalances you may have that may be causing your pain, then specific and targeted exercises to follow to address the imbalances, along with pain reduction strategies. 

For useful information and suggestions there is a Free Back Pain Book Written by the Healthy back Institute-

7 Day Back Pain Cure
This free book (there is a small shipping/handling fee for physical book) will give you a good starting point for taking back control of your back pain covering reasons for pain, pain relief, possible treatments, action plans and many other things you will find useful.
Follow Jasmine Ann Raintree's board Back And Sciatic Pain Strategies. on Pinterest.

No comments: