Friday, 31 January 2014

Insomnia And Depression Is There A Link?

When my back and sciatic pain was very bad sleeping was a real issue for me. I wanted to sleep, I was so ready for sleep , so tired -yet sleep would often not come to me mainly due to pain. 

Now I do not do well on less than 8 hours sleep a night so this chronic lack of sleep was not great for me or anyone around me! Even worse I found myself getting down. I wouldn't say I was depressed but certainly weary and down and lacking a joy about life. 


The article below which I came across on twitter discusses the link or not between depression and insomnia or is it the other way around? I am pretty sure I didn't feel down or depressed before I got back pain and couldn't sleep well but is there a link? 


Interesting reading 

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA401404/Does-Insomnia-Cause-Depression.html

What do you think -does insomnia cause depression? Does your pain cause insomnia? If you liked this post do consider joining our Facebook Page Sciatica Solutions.




Lose The Back Pain System
Lose the Back Pain, is a system of self assessments to determine what physical imbalances you may have that may be causing your pain, then specific and targeted exercises to follow to address the imbalances, along with pain reduction strategies. 

For useful information and suggestions there is a Free Back Pain Book Written by the Healthy back Institute-


7 Day Back Pain Cure
This free book (there is a small shipping/handling fee for physical book) will give you a good starting point for taking back control of your back pain covering reasons for pain, pain relief, possible treatments, action plans and many other things you will find useful.
Follow Jasmine Ann Raintree's board Back And Sciatic Pain Strategies. on Pinterest.

No comments: